SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGER
Henri Lloyd is a premium sailing brand which is making a comeback under new ownership following an administration process in 2018. A key component of the comeback strategy is to develop products and conduct business in innovative and unconventional ways. Having our own Gore-Tex licenced factory in Poland allows for completely new ways of doing business. One such initiative is “DYO – Design Your Own and look like a Pro”. DYO allows sailors to order unique and bespoke designed crew kits with print directly from the factory in as small series as 5-10 pieces.
Henri Lloyd is therefore now searching for a dynamic Supply Chain Manager to develop the set-up for the new business models and to drive continuous improvement across the entire operations. The tasks will be split between managing our factory in Brodnica, Poland, and designing and operating the entire supply chain. The scope includes purchasing, freight, warehousing and delivery both to wholesale and e-commerce customers. The right candidate will be accountable for all aspects of performance and will ensure that objectives are attained in a cost-effective manner that’s consistent with quality requirements. As the Supply Chain Manager you will also delegate authority to the head of production as well as to key supervisors in production, manage all functions involved and direct and coordinate operations for the processing plant.
-Design the supply chain set-up within Europe to manage goods from external suppliers as well as our own Polish factory
-Design the lay-out and processes required to produce both high volume and low volume series in our own Polish factory
- Allocate resources effectively and fully utilize assets to produce continuous improving results
- Develop systems and processes that track and improve productivity
- Increase production, assets capacity and flexibility while reducing unnecessary costs and maintaining current quality standards
- Monitor operations and trigger corrective actions
- Strategical material planning to grow cash flow
- Planning and executing projects involving customized products for high efficiency
- Share a trusting relationship with all employees and recruit, manage and develop plant staff
- Ensure proper working conditions and safety for employees
- Collect and analyse data to find places of waste or overtime
- Commit to safety procedures to ensure a sustainable workplace
- Strong communication skills and fluent in English and Polish
- Entrepreneurial mindset and a nothing is impossible attitude
- Location in Gothenburg or Manchester, but requires approximately 30% presence (initially more) at the factory in Brodnica, Poland
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering or similar
- High level of knowledge and experience in lean manufacturing and supply chain management
- 5+ years’ supply chain management experience
- Extremely goal oriented
- Ability to manage logistics of all aspects of supply chain, from product development to the shipment of finished items.
- Customer oriented and commercial acumen
- Understanding of accounting and finance.
- Good IT skills
- Familiarity with regulatory requirements for operating a European supply chain and European plants
How to apply
If this sounds like the right match for you, please send your application to email@example.com as soon as possible. We screen applications continuously. We look forward to hearing from you.